If you are proficient in developing front-end systems or corresponding back-end services for them, have solid programming experience, love the challenge of developing complex real-time solutions, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a strong team, then IOB may be just the place for you. This job is heavily oriented toward designing, building and optimizing trading and back-office applications.
- Research, conceive and develop technology solutions to extend and improve IOB’s back-end applications.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Work in close collaboration with engineering team based in Cologne, Germany.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership.
- BE or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related technical field from a reputed institution.
- 6-8 years of programming experience in C++ and/or Java, J2EE including minimum 4 yrs. of exp. in Java.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and OO design.
- Knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and other data storage solutions.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Work experience in the Financial Services space (Brokerage / Capital markets / Investment Banking /Financial services).
- Familiar with 1 or more scripting languages like Perl, Unix Shell, Awk, Python.
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Ability to perform under pressure in time-critical situations using sound judgment and professionalism.
- Ability to integrate into and work well within a global team.
- Proficiency in English and German.